On Fri May 31 23:48:45 UTC 2013, Paul Norman penorman at mac.com wrote:

> The full text of the DWG recommendation to the board is available at
> http://www.osmfoundation.org/wiki/File:DWG_NE2_Turn_Restriction_dispute.pdf
> but the executive summary is as follows:

I missed this thread until now, so sorry for the late comment. I'm
disappointed that the above recommendation didn't acknowledge that NE2
has done good work. I would say that on the whole his contributions in
terms of data are definitely a net positive, including a great deal of
geometry improvement, addition of new roads, etc. However I don't
fundamentally disagree with the recommendation because of the
communication problems, I just wish it didn't dismiss the thousands of
hours of good work he has done. I hope he can be reconciled at some
point and return to contributing.

-Josh