It's not about mapping the sign, it's about mapping the neighborhood based
on the sign.

We don't map speed limit signs, we map the speed limits on the roads based
on the signs.  We don't map interstate signs, we map the name of the
interstate.  We don't map individual trees, we map forests.  We don't map
"keep out, military area" signs, we map military areas.