But that would not apply to the Interstate network, which otherwise has no
'children', right?

If the modifier paradigm also applies to State Routes, then there would be
the possibility of confusion between US:UT:Future as a future state route
and US:UT:Future as a county highway in 'Future County'. I guess it is
imaginable. Not likely, but imaginable.

On Tue, Jun 25, 2013 at 8:50 AM, Paul Johnson <ba...@ursamundi.org> wrote:

> I prefer the modifier proposal, since it prevents "Future" from being
> confused with a county level network.
> On Jun 24, 2013 11:16 PM, "James Mast" <rickmastfa...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>>  Later tonight, I'm planning on splitting up the relations for the
>> following Interstates (I-26, I-73, I-74) in North Carolina to separate the
>> segments of said Interstates into normal and the parts that are posted as
>> "Future". (will also update the ref tags on the ways since they are
>> still being used too)
>>
>> Now, the "Future" ones will only be for segments that have signage
>> clearly stating they are "Future Interstates".  I'm not going to be doing
>> anything like this for ones signed as "Future Interstate Corridors".  The
>> signage has to be like the following to qualify (blame different NCDOT
>> divisions for the different styles):
>>
>> I-26:
>> http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v645/rickmastfan67/Interstates/NC/I-26/Img_2043s.jpg
>> I-73: http://goo.gl/maps/G0qOG
>> I-74:
>> http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v645/rickmastfan67/Interstates/NC/I-74/P1030940s.jpg
>> I-840: http://goo.gl/maps/K20Hs
>> Now, I'm going to initially use the following to tag the "Future"
>> segments inside of relations:
>> network=US:I:Future
>>
>> However, somebody else suggested this:
>> network=US:I
>> modifier=Future
>>
>> Which do you guys think would be the better way to go?  I can always
>> change the relation tags later once we all agree on a proper tagging scheme
>> for these types of Interstates that aren't true Interstates just yet.
>>
>> -James (rickmastfan67)

Martijn van Exel
http://oegeo.wordpress.com/
http://openstreetmap.us/