On 12/12/2013 11:50 AM, Ian Dees wrote:
Another option is to spend time to collect address data from local
municipalities and work on methodically importing them. I started this
process and have collected a couple hundred address datasets here:

Are all those negotiated as OSM license-compatible? The #1 stumbling block I see on the imports list is getting the data owners to declare their data as having an OSM-acceptable set of license terms.

If that's an easy process, I think I might be able to add from my local county; they have finally started releasing free subsets of data.