Hello Everybody,

My winter OSM project is to merge all of the imported GNIS reservoir
points in MA with the actual water ways. It is a manual process, I am
about 60% through it. I have been getting very, very familiar with the
GNIS data set. When I find a confusing, wrong GNIS point, or duplicate
point, I have been sending mail to the GNIS administrator via the
gnis_mana...@usgs.gov. It can take a couple of weeks for them to
respond, but when the do, they send back detailed descriptions of what
they found that often results in more corrections back in OSM. If you
find a problematic GNIS node (especially natural feature), you should
consider sending an email to gnis_mana...@usgs.gov as another QA point
for OSM, rather than just deleting it.

Thanks
Jason