On Jan 22, 2014 12:09 AM, Brian DeRocher <br...@derocher.org> wrote:

  The publicity aspect of Meetup really gets people to your events.  Though i
wonder if these people are the long term contributors to OSM that we want.

You control that in part with the way that you write your event announcement.
If we can write an announcement that inspires potential long term, foot
surveying, conscientious  appears, then that is who will show up.  If we write
an event announcement that says, "you are expected to map remotely in a
sweatshop environment for endless hours" then that appeals to an entirely
different audience. :-)

Sadly,I haven't I discovered a perfect script for an event announcement to get
only our target audience, and those in huge numbers.