On Wed, May 21, 2014 at 4:33 PM, Richard Welty <rwe...@averillpark.net>wrote:

> you should probably delete the tiger: tags containing the incorrect
> name as well. once a road has been verified, they contain no useful
> information from the OSM point of view.

Good point. I do try to remember to delete unnecessary tags, especially the
TIGER name.

My concern is when using tools like Battlegrid, which I strongly support,
users don't look at the tags. They see the TIGER 2013 overlay with a
different name than what OSM contains. This is especially a concern with iD
which unlike JOSM doesn't prominently show tags.

BattleGrid is still a viable tool. Most of our Edit-a-thon are centered
around cleaning up ways in the state.

--
@osm_seattle
osm_seattle.snowandsnow.us