The equivalent sign in the USA states either "No Thru Traffic" or "Local Traffic Only". While the standard written spelling is "through", the shortened spelling "Thru" is standard on road signs.

--
John F. Eldredge -- j...@jfeldredge.com
"Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that." -- Martin Luther King, Jr.