I took that class last year and enjoyed it a lot. It unfortunately is very
short and therefore only covers the very basics of maps and GIS. Given the
lack of alternative MOOCs on that topic, however, it is better than
nothing. Oh, and even though the course projects all use ESRI/ARC, OSM and
HOT do come up during the course.

 Harald.