Commercial buildings are particularly difficult here in Nashville, TN, because
about 80% of commercial buildings have no street address posted on the outside.
Apparently, they aren't required to do so.

On April 12, 2015 11:50:21 AM CDT, Greg Morgan <dr.kludge...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 11, 2015 at 6:35 PM, Harald Kliems <kli...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > In areas with detached houses, the Android app Keypadmapper has
> worked
> > pretty well for me. Once house numbers get too dense (worst case:
> Montreal,
> > where each apartment in a duplex or triplex will have it's own house
> > number) it starts getting tricky assigning the number to the correct
> > building. And yeah, Mapillary imagery can definitely be useful for
> address
> > data.
> >

> Keypad mapper is wonderful because you are not as conspicuous when
> using
> pen and paper.  I've tried using ranges were I drop the leading two
> digits
> while entering five digit numbers.  There's a bunch of post processing
> when
> you actually enter the data.  With any technique that I use, I always
> feel
> like Billy in the family circus.  It is amazing where people put
> addresses.  Commercial buildings can be the worst case to try and find
> the
> number.
>
> http://familycircus.com/comics/april-5-2015/

John F. Eldredge -- j...@jfeldredge.com
"Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive
out hate; only love can do that." -- Martin Luther King, Jr.