Hello!

We've got our next OSM US quarterly mapathon coming up the weekend of
August 1st - obviously you can host a mapathon in your area any time of the
year, but it's also pretty awesome to know that people are mapping across
the country at the same time. :)

If you want an idea for a theme, we created an OpenStreetMap mapathon BINGO
card (https://c1.staticflickr.com/1/439/18875377873_968818d547_z.jpg) that
includes images of (and tagging conventions for) summery things to add to
OSM. Ice cream shops! BBQ pits! Car washes! Swimming pools! Let's get 'em
all
into OpenStreetMap. You can read more on our blog post here:
http://openstreetmap.us/2015/07/summer-mapathon-bingo/

If you're organizing a mapathon, please add it to the wiki page here so
that everyone knows about it:
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Mapathon/US_Summer_Mapathon_2015

We also have a new OSM US slack channel for current & future mapathon
organizers to informally chat about ideas/outreach
strategies/successes/etc. - send me your email (elea...@openstreetmap.us)
if you would like an invite.

Thanks!
Eleanor