Just a data point, if OSM is anything like Wikimedia: anywhere outside of
the US and Western Europe, mapper conversations are likely already
happening *primarily* (and possibly even *exclusively*) on Facebook. And in
the US and Western Europe, mapper conversations among people who joined in
the past 1-3 years are also likely already happening at least in large part
on Facebook. The question is not whether you should start conversations
there; the question is whether or not you're engaging with and benefiting
from the conversations that are already happening.

Luis