On 14/11/2015 06:42, Elliott Plack wrote:

There's a lot of sandbox type data at 0°, 0° on OSM. Any special method to clean that up? I noticed it on the Mapbox Foursquare map, because creating lists defaults the map to 0,0 at z10. Any way we can polish that area up?

There's not a huge amount at "null island" in OSM at the moment. There's a buoy that genuinely exists (and even has its own web page!):

http://www.openstreetmap.org/node/3815077900

It's a bit of a stretch to call that a "locality", perhaps, but it does actually exist. Lots of other mistaken imports show up there (open the area up in Potlatch 1, hit "undelete" and wait a bit and you'll see the effect), but they tend to be spotted and deleted fairly quickly. Learnosm have a "virtual sandbox" a bit north of there too, but nothing should get uploaded there any more because they fixed their test data to make it not uploadable in JOSM.

If you're seeing lots of data in Foursquare maybe it's not an OSM issue but perhaps Foursquare data overlaid over an OSM map?

Cheers,

Andy (SomeoneElse)