Hi,

As Massachusetts slowly migrates back into winter, here is the status
update on the address import for Boston, MA.

License: As it turns out, all public City of Boston data is licensed CC
BY 4.0, which requires attribution. I have sent additional
clarification questions on whether the 'Contributors' page link/import
changeset source tag is sufficient to City of Boston officials as per
the wiki instructions.

Neighborhoods: I have completely split: Back Bay, Bay Village, Beacon
Hill, Chinatown, Dorchester, Financial District, Government Center,
Hyde Park, Jamaica Plain, South Boston, South End, West End, and
Roxbury. As of yesterday's merge, we have 75687 uniquely identified
buildings (up from 64K 3 weeks ago) and 1449 more are still waiting to
be split (2%). SAM contains address information on 89065 distinct
objects with addresses (some of them are buildings, some of them are
parks or references to buildings that were demolished a long ago), and
we have 85% overlap of OSM buildings and SAM objects.

Yay!

--
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Import/Boston_Street_Address_Manage
ment_%28SAM%29_Import