I have been putting out the fire of a mild edit war in Colorado involving the
Great Divide Mountain Bike Route, http://www.osm/org/relation/3161159
<http://www.osm/org/relation/3161159> where MountainAddict keeps setting this
to network=ncn when clearly it is network=icn (as it crosses the Canadian
border in Alberta).  A partial compromise/consensus solution has emerged:  keep
a duplicate relation synced as route=mtb.  OK, that makes sense.

With others who “brush up against” the DWG (who remain nameless here), I
think/thought we stabilized this.  However, as I did think this a month or two
ago, then MountainAddict recently switched it back (so I had to as well).
Keeping an eye towards the activities of MountainAddict seems prudent.  I don’t
think s/he is malicious, perhaps just misinformed or needing to have his/her
understanding of tagging “enhanced” so it is more in-line with a larger
consensus.

SteveA
California