Kevin Kenny <kevin.b.kenny+...@gmail.com> writes:

> landuse=conservation is formally deprecated.

This is the real bug.  There should be a set of landuse= tags that are
jointly exhaustive and mutually exclusive and this one is obviously
missing.  It describes exactly what you are trying to express.

> I fall back on leisure=nature_reserve unless someone screams.

That sounds fine to me; as long as humans are permitted, it isn't wrong.

However, I'd encourage you to put landuse=conservation if not other
documented landuse= tag plausibly fits.  If enough people use it, we can
reopen the formal discussion.