Hello all,

This is an informational message that I am monitoring/beginning size-up for
the Cold Springs Fire near Nederland, Colorado. Although relatively small at
the moment, it is hot and dry in Colorado, so the fire has the potential to
become a major incident. Also proximity to population, the local office of
emergency management has initiated mandatory evacuations (following them at
http://www.boulderoem.com/emergency-status/ and
https://twitter.com/BoulderOEM).

It is anticipated that as usual with US response, OSM probably won't be used
for firefighter response, but I'm actually part of the GIS Activity for the
local Red Cross chapter, so if I'm called to make maps for Disaster
Assessment planning, etc. I may leverage OSM and the community. Therefore,
stay tuned as I might go ahead and create a mapping project for buildings
and roads in the area (there are probably lots of 'untouched' TIGER roads,
so cleaning up geometry, etc.) - Nederland is pretty well mapped, but not
the area this fire is moving towards.

Thank you,

=Russ

Russell Deffner