> Circa 07/10/2016 08:28 PM, Jack Burke <burke...@gmail.com> and Frederik Ramm
> <frede...@remote.org> wrote:
>> Is anyone else starting to see map spam popping up in their areas?
and
> DWG here. We see lots, but not to a degree that would concern us.

Thank you to Jack for bringing this up and thank you to Frederik for a very
informative reply.

I have seen perhaps a handful or two of these in my seven+ years in OSM,
largely in the greater Los Angeles area or other dense urban areas. I do
exactly as Frederik suggests (try to contact, and if no reply, which is always
the case, delete the node).  Yes, this is quite minor (I find perhaps one a
year in rather heavy OSM editing), but it is "there."  It is just not that big
of a problem.  I am weirdly impressed by the odd combination of "quite
well-formed data tagging, yet I can still (nearly always) determine that the
node is spam."  In other words, they are trying hard to fly in under our radar,
but we (experienced OSM editors, AND the DWG's diligence) have pretty good
radar.

So, good discussion, everybody, thank you to all concerned for airing this more
publicly.

SteveA
California