On 27/01/2017 22:49, ajt1...@gmail.com wrote:
On 27/01/2017 06:20, Will Senechal wrote:
I'll try to keep an eye on activity around here, and will try to continue updating my area.

They've just "edited" again, and I've blocked in http://www.openstreetmap.org/user_blocks/1169 , so I'd be grateful if people could keep an eye out for other problematical edits in the area from other names too...

The Data Working Group have just had a mail from the mapper saying that although the _previous_ ones were fake, their _last_ edit http://www.openstreetmap.org/changeset/45573753 was actually valid (and said "If there needs to be photographs taken I will gladly"). I replied suggesting that they might want to post here to explain what happened, and accepted their offer of photgraphic evidence. I have to say I'm still somewhat sceptical - the features in http://www.openstreetmap.org/changeset/45573753 were remarkably Pokemon-friendly, and the "cars parked in something now mapped as a duck pond" made it seem even more unlikely.

I'd be delighted to be wrong of course - it'd be great if this really was someone trying to map real things (but perhaps not making a very good job of it as this is their first non-fake edit). If anyone's in a position to check the validity or otherwise of it please do (you can visualise the change in https://overpass-api.de/achavi/?changeset=45573753 - some things should be easy to spot like the stream https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/469546360/history "Glen Meadows Subterrain Spring").

Best Regards,

Andy