> Are the various "toll" related tags appropriate for park entrances where you
> have to stop and pay a fee?  For example, most state parks in Georgia have a
> "parking fee" that you have to pay to an attendant when you enter the park,
> so it seems appropriate to tag the collection point as barrier=toll_booth,
> because you can't pass through if you don't pay.
>
> I realize that "fee" (or parking_fee) is a more appropriate term to use, but
> "barrier=fee_booth" (or fee anything) doesn't appear to have any usage
> whatsoever according to taginfo, and I don't think inventing a new value is
> necessary.

I tagged barrier=toll_booth on numerous "exit lanes" at the parking facility at
San Diego International Airport.  I also used this tag at a state park near me
which has exactly the same sort of entrance attendant you mention collecting
what is really a "park usage fee for those who drive in" but it is called a
"parking fee."

It seems to perfectly capture the semantic we wish to express.

SteveA
California