James — Thanks. This means that at the very least we need to check on a
jurisdiction by jurisdiction basis if these turns are allowed or not.

Just as a data point, Google maps won’t let you make that turn either [1].
That’s not to argue that I am right in any way, just to show that false
assumptions regarding turns are made outside of OSM.

[1]
https://www.google.com/maps/dir/40.586229,-80.0446722/40.586796,-80.0438587/@40.5879274,-80.0482634,17.23z/data=!4m2!4m1!3e0