On 06/30/2017 11:21 AM, Clifford Snow wrote:
> Edits, from what appears to be a search engine optimization company
> (SEO), have damaged a number of ways in the US. Martijn Van Exel pointed
> out the problem on Slack the other day. What they did was to add their
> client to a street, often changing the name of the street to the
> company.  Fortunately they made it easy to find using overpass [1] by
> adding in the clients address, phone number, source and website. The
> query looks for addresses and websites on ways.
[...]

This has been ongoing for a while. I honestly think calling it "SEO
damage" is charitable. This is hit-and-run vandalism done by people who
happen to be engaged in SEO as a business, and it needs to be handled
similarly to how we would normally handle vandalism.

--
Shawn K. Quinn <skqu...@rushpost.com>
http://www.rantroulette.com