Hello, all,

        I promised that I would answer this request and find out
how they are using OSM.
        It seems the organization is involved in food policy, specifically
providing expertise and technical tools to those involved in food policy
in cities.
        They said they used OSM in a report "because we were discussing
new technology and how it is being used to improve the food system. We
discuss how these types of maps can be used to monitor a variety of
situations, from air pollution to even rates of depression. This helps
individuals become more aware of the environment which they live.
        They also provided their mission statement:
        "The New York City Food Policy Center at Hunter College develops
intersectoral, innovative and evidence-based solutions to preventing diet-
related diseases and promoting food security in New York and other cities.
The Center works with policy makers, community organizations, advocates
and the public to create healthier, more sustainable food environments and
to use food to promote community and economic development. Through
interdisciplinary research, policy analysis, evaluation and education, we
leverage the expertise and passion of the students, faculty and staff of
Hunter College. The Center aims to make New York a model for smart, fair
food policy."
        Web site: <http://www.nycfoodpolicy.org/>http://www.nycfoodpolicy.org
        I directed them to Learn OSM, because they wanted screen shots,
and Learn OSM has many on its web site.

Charlotte

Hi Charlotte,

Sorry about that! We used Open Street Map in our report because we were discussing new technology and how it is being used to improve the food system. We discuss how these types of maps can be used to monitor a variety of situations, from air pollution to even rates of depression. This helps individuals become more aware of the environment which they live. Does that make more sense?

Best wishes,

Cameron

---
Cameron St. Germain
Research Associate, NYC Food Policy Center at Hunter College
401-533-2674
<mailto:came...@nycfoodpolicy.org>came...@nycfoodpolicy.org