in many places, avenue and street are more or less interchangable. in St
Pete
Florida, for example, avenues are east-west and streets are north-south;
otherwise
the terms are interchangable. i've seen this usage elsewhere and imagine
it's
common.

when mapping, there are two potential tricks that can help.

lines generally signal a collector or "higher" road, so tertiary
or secondary.

look at stop signs. a road where stop signs are infrequent is likely
some sort of
collector - again, tertiary or secondary.

richard

--
rwe...@averillpark.net
 OpenStreetMap - PostgreSQL - Linux