Hi,

we had a long-ish discussion here (or was it over at imports?) about
adding sidewalks, especially related to a project called "OpenSidewalks"
which boldly announced a massive attempt at doing so.

I recently stumbled across this changeset in Austin, TX:

 https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/603909001

In it, an untagged line was added 24 days ago, with a vague promise of
using JOSM later to add relevant tags, which hasn't happened yet.

What's more, there are some erratic sideways in the same area,
un-connected to the road network and un-connected to each other, see e.g.

https://www.openstreetmap.org/edit?editor=id&way=603909004#map=21/30.28318/-97.74670

and as such hardly usable for anything like pedestrian routing. And they
don't even look good on the map. I really wonder what the purpose of
this is. At least they're all tagged with "project=OpenSidewalks" which
makes it easier to delete them once the project has run out...

Bye
Frederik