I told you Californians loved attention!

I picked 6 Californias because I thought it was the nicest way to divide up
the state into equally sized shapes with some reference to political
boundaries.  I also "detest" the politics of breaking up California but I
like the geospatial organization.

I don't have an opinion where a north south line would go.

That being said, (I think i'm repeating myself in a slightly different way
i'm sorry for that) alternatively would you consider adding a few of the
most populous regions and cities to the sub of California like you do for
Germany?  Just as you have an extract for Brandenberg (mit Berlin) as well
as Berlin, could you do the San Francisco Bay area as well as San
Francisco?  To make it easy, perhaps just use similar boundaries that
existed for Metro Extracts -
https://github.com/mapzen/metro-extracts/blob/master/cities.json namely:
- san-francisco-bay_california
- san-francisco_california
- san-jose_california
- los-angeles_california
- san-diego_california

There must have been a demand for those regions to be added to that list
and I think the vast majority of analyses would take place at these levels.

Thanks so much!

-Vivek