On 27.01.19 21:41, Melanie Mazanec wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm a front end dev for a city government working on a side project to
> fork and add to AccessMap <https://www.accessmap.io/> for North Carolina
> cities.
>
> In order to make this happen, I want to import North Carolina city
> sidewalk data into OSM.  I have no prior OSM experience, so I'm
> following the suggested wiki protocol and reaching out here before
> attempting an import.
>
> Does anyone have advice about tutorials or where to start?  Are there
> any NC OSM communities or enthusiasts I can connect with?  Also, it
> seems like there are two competing sidewalk data formats.  Is there a
> preferred standard now?

Hi, that's really great news - welcome to OSM.
It would be useful if you would try some basic mapping first to get
familiar with OSM data structure. Try to map something near your
workplace or home.
That doesn't stop you from working on the import, of course. Any
questions on OSM are welcome on the IRC channel #osm (
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/IRC ), or any other OSM
communication channel.

> Thanks,
> Melanie Mazanec--