On Mon, Apr 29, 2019 at 11:12 PM Kevin Kenny <kevin.b.ke...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Apr 29, 2019 at 11:01 PM Kevin Kenny <kevin.b.ke...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I'm not a Bostonian, but I've been to Copley Place.
> > Copley Place is a named building:
> > https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/240501783

This local Bostonian concurs.

This is one of those skyscrapers with a vanity "street" address with
no such street.
(To confuse matters further, there is also a Copley Place Hotel whose
address is NOT Copley Place!)

> more information https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copley_Place - the
> building complex, in addition to the shopping mall, has office
> buildings (tenants include the German and Canadian consulates, on the
> fourth and fifth floors respectively of tower 3), hotels and a parking
> garage, all connected.

(and all-weather connections to adjacent malls and hotels too, and to
two T (metro) lines and Amtrak rail.)
(used to have a Cinema, but iirc it got consolidated out of existence?)

> I'm not familiar enough with indoor mapping to be able to direct you
> how to map a suite within the towers.

A Consulate might prefer we not map the interior access?
That level of detail is fine for retail but ... government entities
can attract untoward attention.

--
Bill Ricker
bill.n1...@gmail.com