May 31, 2020, 22:50 by joseph.eisenb...@gmail.com:

> Some mappers have suggested using highway=living_street for streets in
> Seattle (and perhaps elsewhere) which temporarily have through-traffic
> restricted for motor vehicles. However, this appears to be incorrect usage of
> the tag.

For what is worth, for me primary meaning of highway=living_street is that
pedestrian have legal
priority over vehicles and are allowed to use entire street, while motor
vehicles
are still generally allowed.

So pedestrian may walk in any way and vehicles are obligated to yield to any
and
all pedestrians.

> According to the announcement by SDOT, the streets in the Stay-Healthy
> Streets program have a speed limit of 32 kph (20 mph), much higher than the
> maximum for a Living Street (20 kmh to "walking speed"). It appears that the
> legal change is that these streets are now motor_vehicle=destination, with
> through-traffic prohibited, but they are not Living Streets according to the
> description in this page or at Wikipedia:

Is there any other change? Because "no transit for motor vehicles, 32 km/h
speed limit"
is well tagged with motor_vehicle=destination and maxspeed, not
highway=living_street

And how temporary this is? 5 days? 2 weeks? 2 months? Nobody knows?

If just for 5 days I am dubious about tagging this at all.

> The streets in Seattle have street parking along their whole lengths, and
> there are no design changes compared to other highway=residential streets in
> the city, except for signage / paint.

In Poland we use that for roads signed with
https://pl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strefa_zamieszkania#/media/Plik:Znak_D-40.svg
that has a legal meaning, even if street is designed like any other
highway=living_street,
and street designed like living street without it would not be marked as
highway=living_street
without that sign.