On 10/06/2020 22:41, 80hnhtv4agou--- via Talk-us wrote:
this is a good one because i had a back and forth discussion with somebody that was calling me out on my edit because from space this looked like a flat surface and then explaned
how to list it as non active.
https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/802256628#map=16/42.1110/-87.8160

Well that's been a golf course for only a month:

http://osm.mapki.com/history/way.php?id=802256628

If that isn't a golf course, I suggest you discuss that with the person who added that in https://www.openstreetmap.org/changeset/84983669 .

but the thing is the river was a 10 year old 81 mile download that maye should not be as to the Wiki. and this guy must be a river freak just like the bus stop guy who thought he own the map.

As I suggested earlier, it'd definitely make sense to split up some of the huge "natural=water; water=river" areas such as https://www.openstreetmap.org/relation/233949 , but anyone who does that will need to do it in such as way that it doesn't accidentally delete large lengths of riverbank (which happened last time).

Best Regards,

Andy