The CD:NGI imagery is the official imagery but currently a bit out of date.
In places Bing should be more up to date and for some locations like Cape
Town I believe more detailed imagery is available.

The biggest "missing" thing that I have personally experienced is lack of
speed restrictions and lane information on bigger roads ( highways ) not
being properly mapped. So it would be tagged as a high way but would not
contain information about 2 lanes or 3 lanes and offramps/onramps can
sometimes be inaccurate.

In cities the speed limit is 60km/h unless indicated otherwise as being 40
or 50km/h. On highways the speed restriction is 120km/h and on rural roads
80km/h unless indicated to be 100km/h

There is also a lot of missing road names.

Regards

On Wed, 30 Jan 2019 at 21:24, Andrew Wiseman via Talk-ZA <
talk-za@openstreetmap.org> wrote:

> Hello OSM Turkey,
>
> My name is Andrew Wiseman, I work for Apple on the Maps team. My team is
> interested in doing some work on the road network in South Africa on
> OpenStreetMap, things like adding missing roads, making sure roads
> connect properly, fixing incorrect alignments with GPS traces, ensuring
> road classifications are consistent, and other similar issues.
>
> Are there places you know of that need improvement or types of problems
> you see frequently? And are there any imagery sources you'd recommend, any
> specific highway classification guidelines you recommend such as the
> general OSM guidelines or maybe the Highway Tag Africa guidelines, or
> anything else that might help?
>
> We have a Github page here about the project:
> https://github.com/osmlab/appledata/issues/142
>
> Thank you,
>
> Andrew
>
> Apple, Inc.
>

> Andrew Wiseman |  Maps | iPhone: +1.202.270.4464 |
> andrew_wise...@apple.com

Gerhardus Geldenhuis