Omg I'd love to do this. But someone else do it first? Because I just know I won't understand it. Lol. ----- Original Message ----- From: "Rachel D Keyte" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "talk2" <talk2@AndreLouis.COM>
Sent: Tuesday, August 15, 2006 8:28 PM
Subject: The Talk2 List Fwd: vip-l: Fwd: create your own natural voices!

Just thought I'd forward this on from someone who forwarded it from another list, (does that make sense? thought not! :)
 but this sounds so cool and I'm off to try make my own voice! :)
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
From: Josh [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Hi,

I just found a very interesting website and thought I'd pass it on as it can or since it's sapi5, this software, can be used with window-eyes and or jaws. Ok. I'll explain a little first. Suppose you wanted to add your own voice to the library or portfoleo of voices or voice fonts in the ATNT natural voices speech synthesizer. Well you'd have to pay thousands of dollars. But thanks to the website:

http://www.asel.udel.edu/speech/ModelTalker.html

you can now do it, at least temporarily, for free! The speech synthesizer is called model talker. And you can create new voices with it by using your very own voice, a microphone, and your very own computer. There's good documentation with it that explains what to read and how to read it. If you spend the time. You can make a voice that sounds as good or better than the cepstral voices, or, you can create a voice that sounds as bad or a little worse than microsoft text to speech mary mike and sam voices. But with a little effort. Window-eyes and jaws, since this speech is sapi5 compatible. window-eyes and jaws can now talk in your own voice! or whose-ever voice you decide to record and turn into a voice font.

Enjoy and have fun creating voices. I myself signed up to their mailing list and to be a beta tester of upcoming versions of the software.