and umm how is any post off topic?

i mean this list does not currently and never has had an official topic therefor, off topic posting is not possible

tj
----- Original Message ----- From: "shaun everiss" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "talk2" <talk2@AndreLouis.COM>
Sent: Tuesday, April 17, 2007 3:40 PM
Subject: Re: The Talk2 List OT: survey

I didn't complete the test either.
I was able to understand the buttons but some samples plum refused to download.
At 04:06 a.m. 18/04/2007, you wrote:
Hmmm, if you're going after blind folks, survey monkey, with those ajaxy non-radio button like things wasn't a smart option. Also, for me at least, the samples were much too slow and the questions weren't meaningful. I keep my jfw anywhere between 70
and 100 percent (depending on what I'm doing), and assign emotions to the speakers myself based on context, just like when a sighted person reads text.
That was sort of like holding up cards with printing (in a too large font) on them and asking for the emotional context of the printing. I suspect the data you get is going to be randomized by people's current feelings towards doctors, post offices, a
nd dinner. It might have helped slightly if you had used another language for the text, at least in that regard.
Tasha Raella Chemel wrote:
Hi all,
Sorry for the off topic post.

As part of my linguistics class at Brown, I am conducting a survey on the emotional qualities people perceive when listening to a speech synthesiser. My online survey should take you no more than 20 minutes to complete and I would really appreciat
e your help. The links to the survey are below. Please choose either the July to December or the January to June link based on your birth month. If you have any questions about the survey, please feel free to email me at
[EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>. Also, please feel free to pass this on to any one you think would be intrested (blind or sighted).

Tasha
Jan-June:
http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.asp?u=454843671754
July-Dec: