Yes, folks, that's right. FX Radio has been dead for six months, but it's back,
with an all-new machine, more sound effects (including additional breaky
noises), and everything!

You may be asking yourself "What, exactly, is FX Radio, and why would I want to
listen?"
To answer your questions, it's a rather strange concept that Derek and I came
up with in the summer of 2005, when we were both rather bored.
Basically, it's the result of what happens when you load three instances of
winamp equipped with crossfaders, then load a crap load of high quality sound
effects libraries into each winamp, making sure, of course, that everything is
perfectly randomized.
The sequence of events that can happen as a result of this are rather strange,
and many interesting things can happen to
your mind as a result of listening to the odd combinations of things that occur.

Have you ever seen a bird driving a car under water, all the while being chased
by a telephone? Or, perhaps, little kids
playing in underwater construction sites? How about babies with power tools,
dogs driving trains, tanks plowing through restaurants, sheep making things
blow up just for the fun of it, or what's currently playing, which happens to
be a mocking bird with a machine gun shooting at a helicopter?
All these things can and have been known to happen on FX Radio, all sound
effects, all the time, 24 hours a day!

To tune in, you will need a streaming media player compatible with AAC+
streaming, such as Winamp (5.1 or higher, except 5.22 which has a bug that
breaks AAC streams), VLC Mediaplayer, or Foobar 2000 0.9 or higher.

If you have a compatible player, put in one of the following addresses:
shoutcast:
http://fx.pdaudio.net:80
icecast (less delay, may buffer more depending on your situation):
http://tbrn.net:8888/fx.aac

Note: If you are using the Thompson mp3 pro decoder for Winamp, the shoutcast
stream will not work unless it is disabled. Really, if you're still using it,
you're bad, since that format has been officially scrapped by it's developers!
The icecast feed will work, even with the Thompson mp3 decoder, however,
since the .aac extension will not be passed off to the mp3 pro decoder.

Also, since the shoutcast server is on port 80, this means you can listen to FX
Radio behind any proxy server that only
allows access to http, such as universities and other institutions. Yes, a nice
distraction during class might be good,
don't you think?
Why not freak out your friends, classmates or co-workers while you're at it?
Maybe all of the above, or something worse?

Close your eyes, put on some headphones, tune in, and get ready for a very
strange, and altogether different experience!

Note: P&D Audio Productions is not responsible for any permanent psychological
or neurological damage that may occur as a result of any individual who falls
asleep with FX Radio on. No warranty is implied, expressed, congested,
molested, suggested, conjugated, emulated, isolated
 infiltrated, confiscated, or any of that mess.
Basically, if bad things happen, we didn't do it!

It's back, and it's possibly worse than ever... Better? Well, it can't get much
worse, I suppose, so we'll pretend it's better than it was, just out of
interest.

P.S. An Athlon64 3400 with a gig of ram and a 250 GB hard drive is a bit
overkill for this project, at least as a dedicated box for said project. Oh
well...
I'm going to bed!

Patrick Perdue (MCP, CNA)
KE4DYI
Greensboro, NC
website: http://www.pdaudio.net
home: +1(828)475-4004
Mobile phone and SMS: +1(336)509-5583
e-mail and .net messenger: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
aim: noaptiva