Hi all.
This message is for newzealanders on the list, but anyone can answer.
I am searching for an external soundcard.
I want a card that can run midi, asio support, audio support.
Oh and doesn't need to have a preamp for the mic.
I have speakers for an extra card.
I want to use it for radio broadcasting and multisynths in qws eventually.
I also want to use it for voice recording.
On dancingdots I found the delta usb audio file.
However I don't really want to pay 200 us for something if I can help it.
Today I tried to source a card locally but I can't find external cards anywhere, not in dse or harvy norman anyway.

I'd like sound font supports on this card to if I can help it.
I know there is more than one company making external cards.
I'd also like effects on the card like echo if I can get it.
Where can one get external cards that are reasonably accessable to the blind.
I would prefur getting them locally, but if not, My next choice would to source them from australia since the dollar value is simular to ours.
If I need to get it all from the us so be it.
However I don't want to buy mixers and things just to make it run.