Hey,

To see the remaining time on a currently playing track, just check the status bar. It gives you the time played/time remaining right at the end (E.G: 00:22/4:57). To see the time of any track in the playlist, just go to it and hit read current line; it announces the runtime of the selected track...at least if you're using jaws, anyway. I honestly have no idea what you're trying to do with your cross-fading; I don't know anything about it, having never wanted any for myself. I just use VLevel to compress the hell out of everything, and gapless playback. It keeps music at a constant background on my shitty speakers while I'm doing assignments. Have you checked through the hydrogenaudio wiki? Start at:
http://wiki.hydrogenaudio.org/index.php?title=Foobar2000:Components_0.9
and see if that helps.

Patrick Perdue wrote:
Hi sam:

I always use the Stand-alone Oddcast broadcasting thing... Who the hell uses
spacial audio anything anymore? That officially died here at TBRN almost a year
ago unless you're Venison, and the stand-alone version of sam encoders sucks
even more than
the Winamp plugin does, plus they use ancient and generally very old
versions of the Ogg encoder, which can be changed out for a nicer one. However,
due to other
things, I don't bother.
By the way, I totally don't miss having my being able to broadcast depending on
a Winamp DSP stack.

Yes, you can get Title Streaming to work with Oddcast stand-alone and Foobar if
you really want to, by using
the Oddcast grab from winamp window stuff. It will work with any app.
You could make it pick up the title bar from your customized
refrigerator controller application and have it report, for all the
world to see, the internal temperature of your refrigerator as your song
title, should you
so choose to do so, so long as the information you want is shown in the
title bar of any given window class. The stand-alone Oddcast has options for
trunkating before and
after text so that it doesn't display the entire window title, such as
the program running and such.

However, I could never quite get the Foobar playlist to work quite as
well as the Winamp one, nor could I get a decent cross-fading solution.
IN fact, I was never able to get anything other than a straight
cross-fader with no intelligent dropping or rising when it was supposed
to other than simply cross-fading only, no matter what I did. With older
versions of Foobar2000 0.83 and things like it,  where this
was possible, I tried both a crossfading DSP and simultaneously using a modified
cross-fading output plugin, which really tried to work but couldn't
quite get it right, even after hours of configuring things. With the new
standard 0.9.x and higher, it was even worse.
To make it just that much more annoying, 0.9.x, which has far less
plugin support (although it does, unlike older versions, properly
supports AAC+ streams), is much easier for changing all the hotkeys around. I
don't particularly like the Foobar defaults, and with the old one, you
have to click on an invisible bitmap or something to change hotkeys.
Also, I couldn't find a reliable way to find the remaining time on the
currently playing track, or get the runtime of a track in the playlist
before playing it, but this could purely be born of ignorance.
I did, however, find it very cool that you could have multiple playlists
open in different windows.

If I could get all these things fixed and get a decent cross-fader
going, you bet I would drop the use of Winamp for mainstream everything. I've
been annoyed at it
for so long, but so far have not quite found anything that does everything I
want, in quite the way I want it.

Let me say that I love the concept of their DSP stacking, and it comes
with a lot more useful stuff by default without being bloated about it,
but the crossfading really, really annoys me! So! much!!!
But, I'm willing to give it another go if I could only be told how to
make the crossfader not suck, even if I have to forego track time
remaining and a couple of other useful features that I've been used to
for so long with Winamp.

Did you miss a message?  Well, don't.