To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Tuesday, December 18, 2007 4:05 AM
Subject: Keep the Electrons Flowing and the Tubes Glowing - SendMeRSS

           Keep the Electrons Flowing and the Tubes Glowing - SendMeRSS

            Keep the Electrons Flowing and the Tubes Glowing
Welcome to Fun with Tubes. This is a noncommercial site operated by Max Robinson and dedicated to passing on and preserving knowledge of vacuum tube circuits and techniques.

"I will post tutorials on the fundamentals of electricity and electronics, interesting circuits you can build with vacuum tubes and op amps, and I will share some of my experiences restoring antique radios and early electric phonographs."

"I have a master's degree in electrical engineering from the University of Florida 1966. My early EE classes covered vacuum tubes so I know what I am talking about. If you have any questions or suggestions feel free to email me."

"This site is as blind friendly as I can make it. All schematic diagrams have links to verbal descriptions."

"I am retired from Western Kentucky University where I taught physics and electrical engineering for 33 years. I entered the University of Florida in Gainesville in 1960. I signed up for my first real electronics course in the spring semester of 1963. It was exclusively about vacuum tubes. Although later courses included transistors the emphasis was still on tubes. I had to learn transistors and integrated circuits on my own after graduation. Throughout my career I missed those big tube circuits. They were so much easier to work on. After retiring I decided to start a web site and try to pass on to the younger generation what I knew. It has been a most gratifying experience. Hardly a day goes by that I don't get an email from someone asking a question or just thanking me for the site."

Click this link to have Fun With Tubes: http://www.funwithtubes.net.

Link - Michael McCarty - Mon, 17 Dec 2007 11:58:35 GMT - Feed (146 subs) Technology Educational aids Electronics Tutorials Radio Education Information services Crafts Role Models Teaching aids Teaching Recreation Web sites