if caitlin h went retarded, forgot english, learned russian, relearned english from a little china man in a little china van who barely knew english or russian in the first place, you'd have that.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Onj" <o...@andrelouis.com>
To: "talk2" <talk2@AndreLouis.COM>
Sent: Friday, April 03, 2009 6:17 AM
Subject: The Talk2 List Fw: Life of an ordinary loser is not for you

I have never seen quite such a long message, and with quite a lot of
coherency.  WEll, in part.
Tell me this isn't odd?
And no, I wouldn't usually send this to the list, we get far too much of
this crap on a daily basis, but this one's the exception.
Thoughts?

From: Derek Beatty <polona...@futureconnect.org>
on Friday, April 03, 2009 10:57 AM

i have never been an animal person. i swore i'd never have a dog. who
wants
to pick up poop? not me. but somehow in my baby hungry weakness i was
convinced to relent by the other two mccalebs who said they desperately
needed a puppy. fine. whatever, just take care of her and pick up the
poop.
but the commonality between each experience was- it was out of my hands.
occasionally fell in love with someone who couldn't be had. i
occasionally
had to run from someone who wouldn't let me go.
i know some people don't love the whole valentine's thing. but it is so
fun
to me! i don't care if the greeting card company made it up- any day
where i
get to be pretty, treated with sweetness, have a declicious dinner and
some
romance is right on in my book.

even more obsessed with flickr than usual of late
(but honestly, i don't snack alot. when you eat so much protein you don't
get
hungry as often through the day)

did anyone else sustain life with saltines from the ages of 13-17?
i bet that block is not nearly as big as i remember it being, but i
remember
it being quite a trip.

I'll show you what i've been working on soon- they're presents and i have
give them away first. have a nice monday! vas
grant and i listened and danced to his music on valentine's day.

messes are piling up around me making it hard to relax and get well. i
can't
cuddle grant or cate- they need to stay well- so they are steering clear
of
me. i am bored and tired and achy.
cate and i went through some of the free options around the web for
valentine's to download and print.

when cate is too scared to go downstairs, penny will go with her and
everything is all right. she lets cate dress her up for weddings or try
ride her or pull her by the tail almost daily. and even knowing the
torture
she will soon endure, she gets so excited when cate gets home from
school.
we lived on a corner in a typical o.c. tract neighborhood.

hey my little family,
i am determined!

cate: did you love disney games on the computer when you were five?
but the main thing i love about this picture is tree cover you can see in
the
upper right corner. that's how it was all around the block. even on
really
hot days you could find a great place to play in some serious shade.
everyone
had a huge tree or trees somewhere on their property, and bushes, and
ivy,
and a great variety of things. the only reason we had those young trees
on
the corner was because my mom sold our big palm tree to some palm springs
landscapers, ha!

my problem, dear anne, is that it is 2009. kids don't like to get all
fussied
up anymore, and i don't think they would go to the trouble of making up
stories about lost broaches to be able to go to a silly church picnic. in
my
mind the little girls are wearing spring dresses and holding parasols
with
their gloved hands while the boys are eating biscuits and drinking
homemade
rootbeer with their hats and suspenders on. but i live in a dreamland
where i
want everything stylized. i know you understand me, anne.
do you have to be obsessed with yarn and needles and hooks like i am to
think
that is the most inviting little space you've ever seen?

my room is clean and i'm knitting.
Buoy

it made me happy.
and then i found myself a mother. funny, i thought i'd teach awhile
longer
and have grant all to myself and save some money.

i spent a few hours organizing my yarn and needles into that armoire.
she is my best babysitter for cate. she takes turns with me putting cate
bed and being her pillow.

i will i will i will. please hold me accountable if you don't see the
results
posted next week. the inspiration pieces:
grant and i talked last fall about wanting to take control and own a home
and
make some of our dreams a reality. so we planned to move back to
california
for some opportunities there.

Did you miss a message?  Well, don't.