I have a friend who wants to do very simple things with Sound Forge like take old time radio shows off of reels or cassettes and record them into mp3. He wants to cut off the beginning and end of the files and do some minor editing. I suggested Sound Forge as I know it's accessible but I don't know which version he needs. I was told that Sound Forge Audio Studio was cheaper and it just does the audio stuff. I also need to know if it is necessary to pay for the snow forge scripts if you are just clipping out stuff and not doing crazy restoration and multi-track stuff. Also, is there a written or audio tutorial of how to do the basic stuff in Sound Forge, preferably without scripts. I am a Cool Edit or Audition user so I don't know much about Sound Forge.

Thanks,
Byron

Did you miss a message?  Well, don't.