wow Patrick, that's awful but so glad you're all safe.
Do continue to keep us posted.
At 05:48 AM 31/10/2012, you wrote:
For those who don't know, I'm currently hanging out with my girlfriend in New York, have been here since October 12. Hurricane Sandy came through, and their place flooded big time. They've lost much of their stuff. Melanie's car is completely flooded, a total loss. Her sister's car may be put back in operation after replacing a motherboard, maybe. I've just found out that another car has had one of it's modules drenched a bit as well, making it impossible to drive due to the driver's seat shoving itself all the way forward as soon as the car is started, with no way to reverse it. Probably fixed by simply drying everything out. The basement has about five feet of water, and the first floor isn't looking too good either. There were fires all around the place, though fortunately none hit the house. We're all fine though, currently staying at a friend of Melanie's parents. We evacuated Monday morning, but her dad stayed behind to mind the house. He was stuck there for a while, and we couldn't pick him up because of trees blocking the side streets. This problem has now been rectified.
Anyway, that's that. Just had to write it out.

Did you miss a message?  Well, don't.
http://onj.me/talk2