On 2018-04-11 08:05 PM, Michael Galea via talk wrote:
A bit of research indicates that the two most popular free VM contenders are VMware and Microsoft's Hyper-V.  Can anyone recommend one over the other? Are there better choices?

A third choice is VirtualBox. I just checked the website for it and it is available for Windows. I also noticed it is from Oracle and some people don't like dealing with Oracle products. I've been using VirtualBox under Linux to run an older version of Windows so I can run a 3D modelling program that is Windows only.

One of the things that pushed me towards VirtualBox was ease of setup. I first looked at VM Ware but found it confusing to determine which version I would have needed to use.

--
Cheers!

Kevin.

http://www.ve3syb.ca/                | "Nerds make the shiny things that
https://www.patreon.html/KevinCozens | distract the mouth-breathers, and
                                     | that's why we're powerful"
Owner of Elecraft K2 #2172           |
#include <disclaimer/favourite>      |             --Chris Hardwick
---
Talk Mailing List
talk@gtalug.org