On 04/12/2018 10:30 AM, Lennart Sorensen via talk wrote:

For a lot of stuff the linux on windows feature in Windows 10 covers a
lot of use cases too.  Not X applications though.

If the linux on windows does not directly support a graphical interface then there may be other solutions.

Once upon a time there was an xserver that would run on windows but I don't know if such a thing still exists. But if it does then it should be possible to run up xdm and connect in from the windows xserver.

Another possible solution would be vncserver which I do use on a number of headless systems.
It is not super fast but works for what I need it for.

It would be interesting to know if these would actually work on linux on windows and it would make for a good test of how complete the linux implementation is.

Is linux on windows as good(bad) as Wine on linux?

--
Alvin Starr                   ||   land:  (905)513-7688
al...@netvel.net              ||

---