Do you have reverse DNS records set up -- this is pretty much a requirement for running any mail server these days.

This mailing list kept getting blocked by Spamhaus when we used IPv6 address to send out mail. I have no idea what was wrong with that, but the minute I turned off IPv6 everything went back to normal.

I remember there's an open-source mail config/blacklist checking website tool, but I don't remember its name.

Alex.

On 2019-02-21 1:24 p.m., Marc Lijour via talk wrote:
Does anyone has insights about dealing with Spamhaus?

I'm getting increasingly frustrated by being listed without explanation. I run a very low bandwidth mail server and a website for my business. I am running postfix with SPF, DKIM, and DMARC. I'd like to know what I am missing.

Spamhaus is very popular which in turn affects Twitter, LInkedIn, beyond just the mail.

Is it possible to run one's own mail server this days?

---
Talk Mailing List
talk@gtalug.org

Talk Mailing List