I am poking around in Android development, and I have run into a snag
as my machine is pretty old, and doesn't have, or doesn't have
enabled, some virtual machine features.  Specifically:

> To use VM acceleration on Linux, your computer must also meet these
> requirements:
>
> For Intel processors: Support for Virtualization Technology (VT-x), Intel
> EM64T (Intel 64)
> features, and Execute Disable (XD) Bit functionality enabled.
> For AMD processors: Support for AMD Virtualization (AMD-V).

I am not at all sure that my machine will do this - if I was looking
for a new machine, are there any caveats, warnings, red flags to watch
for?  I'd prefer not to have to spend a ton of time/money thinking
about my hardware - I'd like it to run Debian with as little messing
about as possible.

Thanks!

William