On Wed, Feb 17, 2021 at 3:04 PM o1bigtenor via talk <talk@gtalug.org> wrote:

> On Wed, Feb 17, 2021 at 12:53 PM D. Hugh Redelmeier via talk
> <talk@gtalug.org> wrote:
> >
> > | From: o1bigtenor via talk <talk@gtalug.org>
> >
> > | Kernel 5.4.0-4 was the last kernel where I didn't find my second
> > | graphics card not able to move out of sleep.
> >
> > Each distro has its own way of reporting bugs.  Here's an unofficial
> > description of the debian process (untested by me -- I don't use
> > debian):
> >
> >   <https://itsfoss.com/bug-report-debian/>
> >
> > Here's official documentation:
> >
> >   <https://www.debian.org/Bugs/Reporting>
>
> Hmmmmmmm - - - interesting - - - - in this area Debian is sounding a lot
> like M$ - - - - "please setup this system so that we can monitor your system
>  or . . .   ." and there seems to be no other way to report bugs .
> As I don't do that for anyone  - - - - - sounds like I am going to not be on
> debian for much longer. (I'm easy - - - - you work with me - - - or
> I'm history.)

I also imagine you are paying the debian volunteers for their time to
help you with a bug you are hitting. You are joining a community, and
it would be great to respect the rules and processes that community
follows. Seriously, this is a volunteer effort people are involved in.

FWIW, reportbug is *NOT* monitoring your system. It is just populating
your bug report with almost everything the maintainer would ask you up
first. Such as, are you on the latest package? Can you test with the
latest package? Has your bug already been reported? If so, can we add
to that report? Are you running the originally shipped package or
doing something custom?

Dhaval