| From: o1bigtenor via talk <talk@gtalug.org>

| On Sat, Oct 9, 2021 at 8:12 PM D. Hugh Redelmeier via talk <talk@gtalug.org>
| wrote:

| >   This shows bad discipline on
| > my part.
| >

| 'bad disciple' regarding what - - - - not following through with the quit
| or ????

Not keeping my quantity of tabs down.

| I've found that parking a page on a 'new tab' helps longevity (smile).

Yeah.  Superstition: tabs that are not the selected tab in a window gets
less attention.  Less Javascript?  Who knows.

| > | From: o1bigtenor via talk <talk@gtalug.org>

| > What do you mean by "renew pages"?  Is that "reload"? ^R
|
| I'm not sure what the 'correct' term is!!!
| You've restarted your system.
| You ask for FF to be started.
| Typically I have been asked if I wish to 'restore' to the previous.
| (Firefox is set to restore previous session.)

So maybe the term is "restore"?

| FF has already been shut down and then asked to restore.
| My question is - - -  at what point in the use of resources does FF decide
| 'not' honor the requested 'restore previous session'.
| That not restore can be selective - - - if one page has a plethora of tabs
| - -
| such a page may 'not' be restored even if all the other pages are.
| This last iteration for me - - - - well all the pages and all the tabs were
| not
| restored. That was the prompt for asking about what the are.

I don't think that it is documented.  I guess that this is a "soft
landing" for being out of resources.

Maybe you'll get a chance to ask at tonight's meeting.  Our speaker is
from Mozilla.

| > I think that it just runs out of RAM or processor cycles.
| >

| Hmmmmm - - - - so how many TB of ram does it take so this condition doesn't
| happen?

I assume that it uses all the resources it can.  And you use all the
tabs you can.

I know that I can have way way more tabs on a 24G machine than a 4G
machine.

I know that a beefier CPU is better able to handl lots of tabs.  Some of
which have horribly expensive javascript.  Some of which is from the ads
that they have no control over.