I switched to Thunderbird for my Yahoo and Gmail accounts. It was hassle to recreate all the filters, but so far, it's okay.
--William

On 3/3/22 8:18 PM, Peter King via talk wrote:
But it looks like that is all going away, since Microsoft only supports
what they call "modern" email clients, and on Linux only Thunderbird.

I could switch.  But then rather than the fetch-and-store model, which has
worked fine over the years, I would either have to change to a view-in-a-
browser model (and so have to be running a GUI locally and store all my
email somewhere else out of my control), or chuck my university email
account and set up something else.