| From: William Park via talk <talk@gtalug.org>

| Or, does distro need its own EFI partitions, like

As others have said, you "should" have only one ESP (EFI System
Partition).

Here are some odd-ball other considerations.

- I've heard that Windows cannot handle multiple ESPs on a disk.

- I once accidentally created a second ESP on a drive.  It worked but
  behaviour was a bit odd.  When I figured it out, I deleted one
  (copying stuff that wasn't already on the remaining ESP)

- You might decide to have an ESP on each disk of a multi-disk system.
  This could let you point the firmware at the disk to boot.
  This is generally not necessary: an ESP boot entry can point at a
  different disk.

- Certainly a bootable USB stick would have its own ESP.

- firmware setup pages are sometimes bad at configuring boot options.
  There is a chance that using multiple ESPs would not work with a
  particular firmware, or that it would actually make dual booting
  less awkward.

odd-ball cases where more ESPs might be useful.