| From: William Park via talk <talk@gtalug.org>

| I see $179.99, and it's cheaper than Chromebook!  OS is "Windows 11 Home S
| Mode".

Windows 11s is just Windows with training wheels.  You should be able
to trivially turn it into Windows 11.  Certainly that was true of Win
10s.

Perhaps machines delivered with Win 11s don't meet the specs for a
comfortable Win 11.  Apparently Microsoft is now or soon requiring a
minimum of 8G of RAM for Windows certification.

|  Can you install Linux on the machine?

Surely you can install Linux, but I haven't tried it.  There is a tiny
chance that some kind of peripheral is unsupported by Linux.  But
don't worry, Lenovo accepts returns with no penalty for something like
30 days (check the site).

I've had a few laptops with something not supported yet in the Linux I
tried (always Fedora).  Usually it was supported after all the updates
were applied.

There is usually someone in the community that has hit the problem
before you: google can usually find their story.