On 2022-09-07 23:28, Karen Lewellen via talk wrote:
First, what was the name of the still existing Toronto electronics surplus type store, now that above all electronics is gone?

Are you looking for electronic components or surplus electronics gear?

There are a couple of places for vintage gear. One of them is down the road aways on Gordon Baker Road. For parts, most of the places I used to know are gone: Dominion Electronics (Yonge, S of Wellesley), Arkon Electronics, and Active Surplus. I thought Active had relocated when the Queen St. store shut down but the website doesn't list them open at a new location.

There used to be 5 electronics parts stores (mostly for new parts) by Victoria Park and Gordon Baker: Daiwa, Double H, Active, Electrosonic, and Sayal. The only two that may still be in that area are Active (the retail outlet of Future Electronics), and Sayal just a little south of Gordon Baker on the east side.

A quick Internet search turned up reference to a place called A1 Parts that is supposed to be at 609 College Street. I haven't heard of them before so I know nothing about them.

--
Cheers!

Kevin.

http://www.ve3syb.ca/               | "Nerds make the shiny things that
https://www.patreon.com/KevinCozens | distract the mouth-breathers, and
                                    | that's why we're powerful"
Owner of Elecraft K2 #2172          |
#include <disclaimer/favourite>     |             --Chris Hardwick